Monday, December 30, 2019

Peggy Jaeger and A Pride of Brothers: Rick

. . . Elite bodyguard and P.I. Rick Bannerman's job is to protect. He doesn't get emotional with his clients, but when a woman from his past is threatened, his next job becomes personal. Family lawyer Abigail Laine is the target of a client's vengeful husband, but refuses Rick's offer of protection. He walked away from her four years ago, and she swore to forget him.
Now her reluctance to accept his help could cost Abby her life.


Wild Women Authors is pleased to bring 2019 to an end with one of our favorite people, and authors, Peggy Jaeger as she looks forward to the release of Pride of Brothers: Rick, a contemporary romantic suspense, released by the Wild Rose Press in January 2020. She's brought Rick Bannerman with her; he'll go first.
Where are you from? Born and bred in New York City.
What did you think the first time you saw Abby Laine. We met at her sister Kandy and my best friend Josh Keane’s engagement party and when Abby walked into the room my legs got wobbly. All that gorgeous long and jet back hair was falling down and tickling her waist and her beautiful blue eyes were laughing. When we were introduced and shook hands, I swear my arm felt a shock all the way up to my shoulder. This was one gorgeous woman and I wanted to get to know her better and hopefully talk her into bed. 
What was your second thought? That thought to get her into bed flew out of my mind the minute she started talking about going to law school  and how much she wanted to help people. This was a woman who was so far out of my wheelhouse with regards to class and substance, I knew I couldn’t use her simply as a bedmate. She deserved much more than that and I wasn’t the man to give it to her. 
Was it love at first sight? Well, lust at first sight for sure! Looking back now, maybe I did lose my heart at that moment.
What do you like most about Abby? Her sense of self, her fearlessness, her dedication to making the lives of her clients better all make her a formidable and amazing woman. She’s got a few quirks that I just found out about like her OCD and her shoe fetish, but those just make her more human. And the shoe fetish is something I can get behind since she does love her stilettos. I like seeing her wear them…and nothing else.
How would you describe her? Gorgeous doesn’t do it enough justice. Warmhearted, kind, witty, smart as a whip, and still the sexiest woman I’ve ever seen. She challenges me at every turn and I love it! But if you want the physical stuff, she’s about 5 nine without those stilts she loves, has shorter hair now, but still jet black and shiny with enough curls to make a man’s fingers tingle to touch. Her eyes are as blue as the waters in the Caribbean and her mouth, dear God, her mouth. Full thick lips with a perfect bow in the top center. I could kiss those lips – and do all sorts of other things to them all night.
How would Abby describe you? Probably as the biggest pain in the ass she’s ever known. As much as she challenges me at every turn, I give it right back to her and I don’t think she’s used to that kind of pushback from a guy.
What made you choose to become a bodyguard and PI? I was a sniper in the army when I served and the whole military police aspect of the service appealed to me. I’m good with computers and finding stuff, so it made sense I use those investigative skills in a positive way once I left the service. I’ve got a Masters degree in computer programming and research, something I’m proud of, and as far as the bodyguard aspect, well, when you’re built like I am – a tank in sneakers – it makes sense to use that gift to provide protection for people if they need it.
What is your biggest fear? That I will turn into my father one day. He’s been in jail for over twenty years for domestic abuse. He had a gun and wound up killing my mother when the police arrived to arrest him. He claims he didn’t know it was loaded. I’m scared every day of my life that I’ll turn out to be a drunk abuser like he is. Even though I don’t drink, it still scares the shit out of me that I could be like him. DNA will out. Know what I mean?
How do you relax? By working out at the gym for hours, then hunkering down with a good action flick on the tv. I stay away from booze because of my father.
Who is your favorite fictional character? The Count of Monte Cristo. Great redemption story.
What is the best piece of advice you ever received? Don’t sweat the small stuff. Josh’s mother, Deb, told me that.
Thanks for spending time with us, Rick. Now, we'd like to chat with Peg.
What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer? The biggest one was Gone With The Wind. I saw the movie first before I read the book and knew, knew I was destined to write a romance some day. As far as books, I read Pride And Prejudice when I was 11. That book made such an impact on me with regards to how not saying something can influence everything and everyone around you almost as much as saying too much.
What event in your private life were you able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? Like Abby, my parents are divorced and I have not seen my father for decades. That sense of abandonment that a child of divorce feels was something that has motivated many of my choices and actions over the years, and I gave that trait to Abby, too. She is a family lawyer, but specializes in helping disenfranchised women with children leave abusive relationships and start new lives on their own. She empowers women like she wished someone had empowered her mother all those years ago.
Tell us a bit about your publisher: how did you hear about them and what influenced your decision to submit to them? In 2015 I submitted three chapters of the very first romance story I had ever written to a contest. I won my division and Rhonda Penders, one of the publishers of Wild Rose Press, was my judge. She sent me an email after the contest and asked if I could send her the completed manuscript for consideration to publish. Long story short- I did, she liked it and I had my first publishing contract. I have never looked back and I hold Rhonda, R J Morris and THE WILD ROSE PRESS in my heart every single day and am thankful for them all hours of the day.
What book[s] currently rest on your TBR pile? Postscript by Ceclia Ahern.
Lastly, what's up next and when can we expect to see it on the shelves? Book 3 in my Match Made in heaven series will be going to my editor this week and then I am starting to work on Pride of Brothers: Dylan, book 2 in the series. I’ve also got a submission to the summer series from TWRP, TWO SCOOPS OR ONE on spec with my editor.


A bit more about this week's guest: 
Peggy Jaeger is a contemporary romance writer who writes romantic comedies about strong women, the families who support them, and the men who can’t live without them. If she can make you cry on one page and bring you out of tears rolling with laughter the next, she’s done her job as a writer!

Family and food play huge roles in Peggy’s stories because she believes there is nothing that holds a family structure together like sharing a meal…or two…or ten. Dotted with humor and characters that are as real as they are loving, she brings all topics of daily life into her stories: life, death, sibling rivalry, illness and the desire for everyone to find their own happily ever after. Growing up the only child of divorced parents she longed for sisters, brothers and a family that vowed to stick together no matter what came their way. Through her books, she’s created the families she wanted as that lonely child.

When she’s not writing Peggy is usually painting, crafting, scrapbooking or decoupaging old steamer trunks she finds at rummage stores and garage sales. A lifelong and avid romance reader and writer, Peggy is a member of RWA and her local New Hampshire RWA Chapter.

As a lifelong diarist, she caught the blogging bug early on, and you can visit her at peggyjaeger.com where she blogs daily about life, writing, and stuff that makes her go "What??!"



To learn more about Peggy Jaeger and the stories she creates, go to:
Website/Blog: http://peggyjaeger.com/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/peggy_jaeger

Amazon Author page: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00T8E5LN0

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Peggy-Jaeger-Author/825914814095072?ref=bookmarks

Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/peggyjaeger/


Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/13478796.Peggy_Jaeger


Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/peggyjaeger_author/


BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/peggy-jaeger


You-Tube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDR8RRIlssIyS0FYZWeGqsg/videos?view_as=subscriber


To purchase A Pride of Brothers: Rick, go to:
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081G7WDP4


Barnes and Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/a-pride-of-brothers-peggy-jaeger/1135068636


Applebooks ( Itunes): https://books.apple.com/us/book/a-pride-of-brothers-rick/id1488238197

7 comments:

  1. Kat - bless you, girl, for having Rick and me here today. The weather outside if frightful, but knowing we were going to be visiting with you just warmed us up!!! The happiest of New Years and I hope 2020 is filled with joy, love, laughter and cheer for you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick is a great character! Best of luck with sales.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your analysis of Pride and Prejudice. Enjoyed the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Peggy! The book sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ALina - thank you! I hope it resonates with readers!

      Delete