Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Arrested Pleasures by Diana Stout

           Can Cutter Logan, the bad boy womanizer of Laurel Ridge, ever win the heart of game warden Annie Martin, who'd rather see him in handcuffs?

Cutter Logan has been in love with Annie Martin since when they were kids, but after one disastrous high school date, she's been keeping him in the friends-only zone. At least, they have an honest relationship or so both believe based on the Truth or Dare game they play.

Cutter's reputation is that he takes little seriously. As an area game warden, Annie has worked hard to build a career and the last thing she needs is a jokester like Cutter to tarnish that career. Then she discovers a life-changing event that took place early in her life that turns her life upside down and inside out.

Is Cutter really the only one who can help her find the answers she needs? Is anything true anymore?

 Today, Wild Women Authors welcomes back Diana Stout to talk about Arrested Pleasures, the 3rd book in her fabulous Laurel Ridge series. With Diana is hunting guide Cutter Logan who will go first.

 Good morning, Cutter. Thanks for taking time away from your many … pursuits to speak with us. Let’s begin with where you’re from. Laurel Ridge, Georgia.

What did you think the first time you saw [current] game warden, Annie Martin? I saw her on the playground in grade school. I fell in love the moment I saw her. We were probably seven.

Works for us. What was your second thought? That I wanted to marry her when we grew up.

Was it love at first sight? Definitely. The only time I could see her was during recess or during lunch because we were in different classes, but as we grew older and were in the same class, I always made sure I sat somewhere behind her so I could watch her.

What do you like most about her? She’s sassy! She’s the only girl who has ever told me no. She’s cute, too. Not pretty like other girls. Just cute. As we grew older, I liked that she was short. At least if I didn’t grow tall, I’d still be taller than her. And, I am.

How would you describe her? Cute, exasperating at times, fun to tease, fierce, loyal, and feisty, never afraid to go after a bully.

How would she describe you? Probably a loser, considering how often I’ve gotten into trouble. But, honestly, it’s rarely my fault. I like to help people and in helping, well, it doesn’t always go well. My intentions are always good, though. She’d call me a friend, too.

What made you choose hunting guide for a career? It was born out of a hobby. I’m happy I don’t have to endure the typical nine-to-five boring job. I love being outdoors, living with and in the elements. I love being able to teach others how to shoot, how to hunt, how to live off the grid.

What is your biggest fear? That Annie will never fall in love with me, never see who I really am.

How do you relax? Being out in nature, providing hunting junkets for clients or sitting on my back porch, watching the action in the acreage behind my house. So many wild animals and birds in the natural landscape.

Who is your favorite fictional character? James Bond because he always gets the girl.

What is the best piece of advice you ever received? Advice that comes from my two buddies: Mason (from Shattered Dreams #1) and Jefferson (from Tangled Passions #5), from a discussion we have at the end of Arrested Pleasures. Their advice is backed up by Connie, the long-time diner waitress who mothers us all. She overhears our discussion and adds more advice to theirs. I guess you’ll have to read my story to learn what they tell me.

Thanks for this, Cutter. We hope you’ll come back—especially after the mystery of the sunken VW bug is solved. Heh heh. Now we’d like to chat with Diana.

What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer? So many books, so many movies. I travel with a crowd. As an intuitive, there are those who have crossed over, but it’s the voices of characters whose stories I still must write who are talking the loudest. They’re relentless! And, they follow me everywhere, even riding with me in the car.

Is there an event in your private life that you were able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? No. This was a book based on the men who recognize they’re strong males without having to announce their status. That it's not about their status; that it's really about how they love and in how they can become better partners.

Tell us a bit about your publisher. I'm an indie publisher, working through my company, Sharpened Pencils Productions.

What book[s] currently rest on your TBR pile? I'm currently reading Strangers Among Us by Ruth Montgomery.

Lastly, what's up next and when can we expect to see it on the shelves? I expect to finish revising the rest of Laurel Ridge novella series and publishing them this year. I'm now working on Buried Hearts #4 and can be pre-ordered soon; I’m still working out those details. The other novellas—#5, #6, and #7—will quickly follow. A print book that will contain all seven stories will be published in early 2023.

To learn more about Diana Stout and the stories she creates, go to:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/writerDianaStout

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ScreenWryter13

Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/drdianastout

Goodreads:  http://goodreads.com/user/show/43124185-diana-stout

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/authordianastout

BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/diana-stout

 

To purchase Arrested Pleasures, go to:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09Y4HQF9H

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment