Friday, July 1, 2022

Prosecution's Protection by Michele Leech

 Falling in love with him was easy. Keeping him alive wasn't.

After prosecuting attorney Desmond Graves is targeted by an aggressive, violent stalker, Remi Archer is hired to keep him alive, whether he wants it or not. As tempers clash and danger escalates, Desmond and Remi start to grow closer—and so does the stalker.

Falling in love among a backdrop of threats, courtroom theatrics and gunfights wasn’t part of Remi’s plan but Desmond is the exception to her ideas of love. Drawing each other out of their self-imposed isolation and into the eye of danger, they must work together to survive, even if it means putting the other at risk.

 Wild Women Authors welcomes author Michele Leech as she celebrates the current release of Prosecution’s Protection for the Crimson Rose imprint with the Wild Rose Press. With Michele is Prosecuting Attorney Desmond Graves who will go first.

Good morning, PA Graves. Thanks for taking time out of your busy court schedule to speak with us. Let’s begin with where you are from. Born and bred in Corner City. For better or worse.

Tell us a bit about Prosecution’s Protection. After I was attacked, and my friend hired some…assistance. My bodyguard, Remi Archer, was more of a hindrance than a help. At first. But we grew to tolerate one another. Then, a bit more than tolerate.

What did you think the first time you saw Remi? Who the hell is this pain in the ass?

Good one. And your second thought? I didn’t want protection, and she was far too willing to tell me exactly what she thought about me and my situation. It had been a long time since anyone said that kind of nonsense to my face.

Do you feel it was love at first sight? Absolutely not. She was a complication. A violent, cursing, blunt, and unnecessary complication.

You have described Remi exactly. So what do you like most about her? Eventually, I liked her honesty. I liked being able to take everything she said at face value. She never lied to me.

How would you describe her? Remi is…controlled chaos. No one ever knows what she’s going to do, except her. But I know that she would always go out of her way to help when she could. That being said, she wouldn’t hesitate to lay someone out. I’m a little jealous of her freedom to do so.

How would she describe you?      A pompous, arrogant, pain in the ass with a martyr complex. I know, because she told me.

What made you choose law as a career? Too many years of watching people break them. [Laws, I mean.] Watching people get away with things they deserved to be punished for. But really, I got into law because of my father. And that is not a compliment.

What is your biggest fear? Turning into someone my father would respect.

Interesting response, Desmond. How do you relax? I enjoy playing the piano. Most of my day is spent talking and around people, so I just enjoy the quiet.

Who is your favorite fictional character? I’m a fan of Mercutio, from Romeo and Juliet.

What is the best piece of advice you ever received? Do what’s right, not what’s easy.

Thanks, Des. Now we’d like to chat with Michele.

What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer? The Lioness Quartet by Tamora Pierce is what got me into writing from the beginning. Strong female leads, fantasy and magic, romance and action. It was everything I wanted. The Mummy (the 1999 classic) showed me that genres are just a suggestion, and how to show strong characters in a variety of ways.

Is there an event in your private life that you were able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? I’ve dealt with anxiety and panic attacks for most of my life, though I spend most of my day in front of people, talking. Being able to bring that to a classically strong character like Desmond was cathartic. It doesn’t make him any less, and I still find him to be an impressive character with it.

Tell us a bit about your publisher: how did you hear about them and what influenced your decision to submit to them? The Wild Rose Press was a suggestion from a writing friend of mine. She mentioned submitting to them, and another friend separately told me that I should take a chance. I’d gone the self-publishing route before but wanted to take a chance on a smaller, more personable publisher. It was the best decision I could have made.

What books currently rest on your TBR pile? This Savage Song and Our Dark Duet, by Schwab. I love her poetic phrases, and devoured Vengeful and Vicious. Highly recommend.

Lastly, what's up next and when can we expect to see it on the shelves? I have two in the works currently. One is a pirate romance, and one is a modern Cinderella, with a bit of a twist.

 To learn more about Michele Leech and the stories she creates, go to:

Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/view/msmicheleleech

Twitter:  https://twitter.com/MsMicheleLeech

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/msmicheleleech/

 

To purchase Prosecution’s Protection, go to:

Amazon:

mybook.to/ProsecutionsProtection

 

https://www.amazon.com/Prosecutions-Protection-Michele-Leech-ebook/dp/B09W95DQ9T/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=michele+leech&qid=1652758407&sr=8-1

 

Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/prosecutions-protection-michele-leech/1141265337?ean=9781509242511

 

1 comment: