Friday, July 8, 2022

Morning Tryst by Ellen Parker

 For a few short minutes, as the sun inches above the horizon, the day is full of hope and promise.

During a San Francisco visit, photographer Serena Carter sights arresting potential in the hotel bartender and invites him to model. Later, in San Diego, they meet at a beach, and she discovers his personality as fascinating as the images her camera captures.

Self-made millionaire Zack Sans usually avoids cameras. He prefers the world of scientific laboratories and engineering students. But something intrigues him about the petite photographer.

When realistic Serena accepts an opportunity to photograph Missouri State Parks in all seasons, she expects the budding friendship to die. Will Zack’s ties to Missouri overcome cyberstalking, a wildlife encounter, and opposite views of family?

 

Wild Women Authors welcomes Ellen Parker as she celebrates Morning Tryst, a contemporary romance, recently released under the Sweetheart Rose imprint for the Wild Rose Press. With Ellen is photographer Serena Carter who will go first.

Good morning, Serena. Let’s start with where you are from. I was raised in Los Angeles. After twenty years in the US Navy, I’ve settled in San Diego.

What did you think the first time you saw Zack Sans. I caught a glimpse of a port-wine stain on his neck. I felt compelled to find out if it was real.

What was your second thought? He’d make a good photography model with well-defined cheekbones and chin. And luscious hair--can’t forget mahogany, collar length hair.

Did you feel it was love at first sight? No, I’d use the word intrigued.

What do you like most about him?     Zack is a man of many talents and surprises. At times, I think he even surprises himself.

How would you describe him? Physically, Zack’s tall and thin with dark hair and changeable grey eyes behind wire rimmed glasses. Personality wise, he’s rather withdrawn and does not enjoy a crowded room. He does best either one-on-one or in a small group.

How would he describe you? I’m confident he’d comment on my lack of height. I expect another item on the list would be long, dark hair. If he ever described my personality, I’d expect comments on putting family first and my love of the outdoors.

What made you choose photography for a career? At age nineteen, when I enlisted in the Navy, they assigned me to film school. It was a good fit. By the time I left the Navy, I could not imagine a better way to make a living.

What is your biggest fear?   I have a difficult time if I miss major milestones in my family. If I’m not able to hold my mother’s hand and bid her a proper “farewell” at her death, I’ll be devastated.

How to do relax? Reading. My favorite types of books are biography and history. My book shelf contains several volumes by David McCullough.

Who is your favorite fictional character? Oh, dear, let me think a minute. I’ll say Meg Murry from A Wrinkle in Time. I’ve worn out or lost two copies so far and still re-read the story every two or three years.

What is the best piece of advice you ever received? That would have to be the unofficial motto of our boot camp group: Live with gusto—and soar.

Thank you for this, Serena. Now we’d like to chat with Ellen.

What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer? It’s very difficult to pin down any one influence. I’ve always read a lot of different types of books. After my divorce, I started reading Jude Deveraux and she rekindled my love of the romance genre.

Is there an event in your private life that you were able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? Years ago, a friend and I visited Charleston, South Carolina. One morning we got up early and watched the sunrise over the ocean. It seemed natural that my photographer would love to capture dawn.

Tell us a bit about your publisher: how did you hear about them and what influenced your decision to submit to them?    Morning Tryst is the third book I’ve had published by The Wild Rose Press. I first heard of them at my local Romance Writers of America chapter. Everything from members who had either submitted or been published by them was positive.

What book(s) currently rest on your TBR pile? Louise Penny’s two most recent Chief Inspector Gamache novels, several of Julia Quinn’s Bridgerton stories, and more of Robyn Carr’s Virgin River books. But I’m sure this list will be interrupted by new releases from author friends or something from TWRP which catches my eye.

Lastly, what’s up next and when can we expect to see it on the shelves? I have recently signed a contract with TWRP for a historical set in 1850’s Illinois. I’m hopefully that we can put in on the shelves during 2023.

 To Find Ellen, go to:

(20+) Ellen Parker | Facebook

(20) Ellen Parker (@eparkerwrites) / Twitter

 

To Purchase Morning Tryst, go to:

Amazon:  https://amzn.to/35gH37S

Nook: https://bit.ly/3IQfFeG

No comments:

Post a Comment