Monday, October 22, 2018

Featuring: Living The Dream by Larynn Ford

. . . . Lynzi Lancaster Brady is, at long last, living her happily-ever-after with the man of her dreams. Their honeymoon bliss is interrupted when an innocent family visit drops her in the middle of the deadly situation they’ve been dodging for so long.
. . . . The trouble making relative with a vendetta against the family, forces them into a final showdown with a disastrous ending that threatens to take the elder of their family from them forever. Will an ancient sorcerer to able to bring her back from death’s door?

Wild Women Authors welcomes Larynn Ford and Lynzi Lancaster Brady from Living The Dream, Larynn's latest contemporary paranormal, released by Soul Mate Publishing. As usual, we'll begin with Lynzi.
Where are you from? I’m from Cranford. A small community in East Alabama with one caution light on the highway, one little grocery store, and me . . . just trying to find happiness.
Tell us a bit about Living The Dream. Living The Dream is part three of my story. Now, hang in there and don’t give up on me too soon because my story goes back a couple of decades and I admit, I tend to babble.
Since it took three books to tell this story, I’m going to step back a bit and tell you how it all started. Over the years, my friend Larynn Ford and I talked our dreams and hopes for the future. Everyone on the planet wants to be happy and we were no different. We both wanted to live a storybook life with a devoted husband, a yard full of children, a dog, and that white picket fence.
Larynn developed a passion for writing while we were in high school and wanted my life to be her first subject, but I never saw the point of putting my relationship failures on public display. You see, my high school sweetheart, Layne broke my heart when he vanished from my life without so much as a word of goodbye. I semi-recovered and moved on to marry and have children, but the marriage failed leaving me alone again. All in all, I led a dull life to say the least.
Then things started happening to me . . . weird incidents during the day and strange dreams every time I closed my eyes. When I confided in Larynn that Layne had appeared to me after twenty years and filled me in on the reason he left . . . to protect me, she put pen to paper and started outlining my life.
Because Layne provided answers in those dreams and I know this sounds crazy, but he confessed he wasn’t human, Larynn chose In My Wildest Dreams for the title of the book but when the crazy just didn’t end, she wanted to keep writing and book two, Dreams Do Come True came to life.
So, what about the original question of this book, Living the Dream you ask? As boring as my life had been, the crazy just kept coming and Larynn just kept writing it down. Layne and I finally resolved the danger we were in and guess what? I have my happy ever after!
What did you think the first time you saw Layne Brady? A single word? Wow. He was tall and lean, confident and grounded. He knew what he wanted out of life and I wanted to be by his side building a life right along with him.
What was your second thought? Promise you won’t laugh? I thought my dreams had come true. I guess that’s where the crazy began.
Did you feel it was love at first sight? It was something at first sight all right. I knew I wanted more but with Layne’s kind there was less guess work. I didn’t find out until many years later about his true heritage. You know, the not human part. He is Fae and rolls his eyes if I refer to his kind as Fairies. The Fae have internal alarms that sound for them when the right one, their intended mate, comes along. He knew from the beginning we were made for each other, I had to find out the human way.
What do you like most about Layne? He is utterly and completely devoted to me. I could just leave it at that but so much more is the fact the happiness and well-being of those around him are important to him as well.
How would you describe him? Physical description? Tall, about six four actually but sometimes I swear he’s ten feet tall. Dark hair and eyes and a mischievous smile that always makes me think he’s up to something.
How would Layne describe you? He would say I’m perfect and yes, I am the one fate chose for him, so we are perfectly suited for each other. He has said to me so many times that I’m level headed and good at handling any situation. If pressed, he would have to admit my human mood swings cause him to scratch his head but he is so patient with me. Thank heavens!
What made you choose bookkeeping for a career? A career? The job I was working when Layne came back into my life was just a job. It paid the bills and dictated my schedule. Layne made it possible for me to walk away from that life and live in a world of wonders. I’m living the life I love and making my family happy. Now, that’s my kind of career.
What is your biggest fear? Disappointing those I love.
How do you relax? Since I moved to the Fae world and we put an end to the troublemaker who wanted to kill us all, so he could be king of the world, everything I do is relaxing. If I’m cleaning stalls in the barn, working in my garden, or just sitting in the swing hanging in that old oak tree, I’m totally relaxed.
Who is your favorite fictional character? Tinker Belle, of course! Gotta love those Fairies. Sorry, Layne Love you!
What is the best piece of advice you ever received? Follow your heart. I could have run from the unusual, out of this world life Layne offered but I chose to open my mind and follow my heart and I haven’t regretted a single moment of my new life.
Thanks for spending time with us, Lynzi. Now, we'd like to chat with Larynn. What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer? The Twilight Saga relit a fire inside me for reading and after finishing everything Stephenie Meyer had written at the time, I hit the book store for more paranormal romance. Kerrelyn Sparks’ Love At Stake series became another reading obsession of mine. I checked out her website where I found a bit of advice . . . if you want to write, find your voice, and do it. Write? Me? I had dabbled in writing ages ago in the tenth grade, but nothing much ever developed. Now, this successful author was telling me I could do it. I had the ultimate pleasure of meeting Kerrelyn at my first RWA convention. What a thrill! My first book, the one she said I could write if I put my mind to it, had just been published three months earlier. I told her she was the reason I was there. That brought her from behind her table to give me a hug. Awesome!
What event in your private life were you able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? Everyone has a desire to be happy. Everyone experiences disappointments in their life. I’m no exception. I just hope some real emotion got captured in the pages of my books.
Tell us a bit about your publisher: how did you hear about them and what influenced your decision to submit to them? Soul Mate Publishing. I had submitted my first book, In My Wildest Dreams, to several other publishers but got the, your work doesn’t fit here, response from most. I was thumbing through a copy of RWA’s Romance Writer’s Report when I saw an ad SMP [Soul Mate Publishing] had placed. They were open for submissions, so I figured, why not. Long story short, I got published. Debby Gilbert is a fantastic publisher and editor. I can’t thank her enough for taking a chance on me.
What book[s] currently rest on your TBR pile? I love food so some of the books at the top of my TBR list are cookbooks. I’m trying to live the low carb life, so I need new recipes. Other books are writing craft books. I’m always looking for tips to becoming a better writer. As for reading for pleasure? I’m looking forward to reading, As The Liquor Flows by Angela Christina Archer and Fireworks for Katerina by Jillian Chantal.
Lastly, what's up next and when can we expect to see it on the shelves? A Place To Belong is actually a spin off from Dreams Do Come True (book two in The Dream Trilogy) and is due to be released in March 2019. There are main characters in every book who need secondary characters to support them. Boone Weaver appeared as a were-panther in Dreams Do Come True and kept talking to me until I told his story. I have to admit, he is pretty special.

An Excerpt from Living The Dream:
Allvis grunted his disgust bringing an abrupt end to my vain attempts to gain my freedom when he pressed the blade in his other hand to my neck with a firm pressure. I sucked in a sharp quick breath and held it. One wrong move on my part was certain to send the sharp edge slicing deep into my throat. I’d be a goner for sure.
I gritted my teeth tighter. Hands clamped around his wrist, I dug my nails in deep, ripping at his skin to ease the blade away, and relieve the pressure. He put an abrupt end to my efforts by looping my hair around his fist again and jerking me at least another inch higher. The movement caused the blade to nick my skin. I dangled like a puppet from a string in his grip.
Lynzi!” I read my name on Layne’s lips, horror and desperation carved into his face as he screamed for me, pounded the air, and begged Aunt Pet to work faster. Allvis grunted his disgust bringing an abrupt end to my vain attempts to gain my freedom when he pressed the blade in his other hand to my neck with a firm pressure. I sucked in a sharp quick breath and held it. One wrong move on my part was certain to send the sharp edge slicing deep into my throat. I’d be a goner for sure.
Allvis howled again. “Hey, boy! Where do you want me to leave her head when I separate it from her weak little human body?”

To purchase any of the books in Larynn Ford's Dream Trilogy, go to:
Book 2 in the trilogy:


A bit about our guest author:
Larynn Ford is intrigued by the paranormal. She's a day dreamer and a romantic. She loves to let her mind wander always searching for a happy ending to her dreams.
At home in East Central Alabama, she worked as a cook and cashier before becoming a wife and mother. Earned a degree in Elementary Education, taught school, and worked in customer service. All the while her day dreams stacked up in the archives of her mind.
She put some of those ideas on paper in 2009 and she's going to keep on dreaming and searching for those happy endings.

To learn more about Larynn Ford and the books she creates, go to:
Twitter: @LarynnFord  https://twitter.com/LarynnFord 

No comments:

Post a Comment