Friday, March 8, 2019

Featuring: The Secret of Breathing Deeply


Wild Women Authors is pleased to welcome back author Lance Hawvermale and Jessie Alomar from Lance's recent release out of Wild Rose Press, The Secret of Breathing Deeply. First up is Jessie.
Where are you from? I’m a tomboy from Tuscon, raised by my dad.
Tell us a bit about The Secret of Breathing Deeply. My father passed away under mysterious circumstances. I traveled to Costa Rica not only to settle his affairs, but to find a bit of myself I didn’t know was hidden there.
What did you think the first time you saw Rubio Mora? I thought I was in over my head, a stranger in a strange land who wasn’t sure how to respond when a handsome paramedic glanced my way.
Did you feel it was love at first sight? As a deaf woman, I depend heavily on visual clues. I’m not saying it was love, but it was definitely wow-who-is-this guy.
What do you like most about him? Rubio is fearless with his affection. He isn’t embarrassed by the little things.
What made you choose grant-writing as a career? I think I may have left grant-writing behind for good. Costa Rica still holds me in its sway.
What is your biggest fear? When I was a girl, I was afraid of being left behind because I couldn’t hear. I outgrew that and found courage. These days my biggest fear is that my hair will never be the same in all this jungle humidity.
What is the best piece of advice you ever received? My father taught me that I can be a great listener even if I can’t hear a single word.
Thanks, Jessie. Now we'd like to chat with Lance.
What movies have had an impact on your career as a writer? Though I’m dating myself by mentioning these titles, I’m recommending Her Alibi and Tequila Sunrise along with with Sally Field (my first Hollywood crush) in Murphy's Romance.
A man who appreciates Tequila Sunrise. Who knew. Then, considering the female lead, it makes sense. What event in your private life were you able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? My wife and I traveled to Costa Rica and experienced first-hand a few of the events in the novel.
Uh huh. We'll leave it at that. Tell us a bit about your publisher: how did you hear about them? At a writers’ conference in Oklahoma, I overheard a colleague talking about her recent book deal. Shamelessly eavesdropping, I learned the name of the publisher, The Wild Rose Press.
What book[s] currently rest on your TBR pile? I’m currently finishing up a quirky Jasper Fforde novel and am looking for next-book suggestions.
Try an oldie but a goodie: anything by William Diehl, particularly the Martin Vail [as in Primal Fear] trilogy. Rich characters; knock your socks off suspense; snappy dialogue. So . . . what's up next and when can we expect to see it on the shelves? I’m working on a historic romance trilogy. It’s the most fun I’ve had writing in a long time.
To learn more about Lance Hawvermale and the stories he creates, go to: www.lancehawvermale.com.
Twitter: @LanceHawvermale
Facebook: facebook.com/hawvermale
To purchase The Secret of Breathing Deeply, to to:
https://www.amazon.com/Secret-Breathing-Deeply-Lance-Hawvermale-ebook/dp/B07NNTY3MB





5 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you, Lance. Good luck with the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting interview! I enjoyed it. Best of luck with the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great story.
    Love the title!
    Good luck and God's blessings
    PamT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview. Good getting to know you, Lance. This sounds like an intriguing book. But--what about those historicals you plan? What will they be like? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous interview. I wanted to read it when I saw it's set in Costa Rica. Good luck, Lance.

    ReplyDelete