Monday, March 4, 2019

Focus: The Co-Parent Project by Sandra Dailey


. . . Parenting style won't matter if they don't all survive.

Wild Women Authors is pleased to focus on The Co-Parent Project, a contemporary mystery with romantic elements, written by Sandra Dailey and released out of The Wild Rose Press.
          Luca Wolff and Joy Sullivan are competing for guardianship of their estranged, teenage nephew, Eric, after his parents are killed in a plane crash. Evidence shows the crash wasn't an accident. Neither was a recent explosion that destroyed Luca's house.
          When a fire is intentionally set in Joy's home, suspicion points to Eric--and that's not the end of their trouble. Eric has been in his share of mischief, but now he has a chance to clean up his reputation. That's hard to do when the only people who believe in you are the ones you're accused of targeting. Just as Luca and Joy give in to romance, new information comes to light that could tear them apart along with Eric's dream for a happy family.
          The three have to set aside their grief, personal issues, and disagreements to figure out who is out to kill them…and why.

Excerpt:
     As soon as he walked through the door the smell of chemicals nearly drove him back outside. The odor was so strong it made his eyes water. He couldn’t take it anymore. “How can you live with the constant stench in this house?”
     “I’m sorry. Mrs. Erving needed a perm today.” Joy walked in through the kitchen door carrying a squeeze bottle of mustard. “I was just making lunch. Would you like a ham and cheese sandwich?”
     “No thanks,” he snarled. “All I’d be able to taste is that nasty smell.” “How can you taste a smell?”
     “You’d know if your olfactory receptors weren’t burned away. That stuff has got to cause brain damage.”
     “Do you plan to claim it as a way to get Eric away from me? I wouldn’t put anything past a Wolff.”

To purchase The Co-Parent Project, go to:

Wild Rose Press: https://bit.ly/2EmYPGj


Barnes and Noble: https://bit.ly/2IrWA8V

Here's a word from our focus author:
      From childhood I've moved from place to place, from Indiana to Florida, stopping in several places in between. I also moved from job to job; as a waitress, soldier, retail manager, dental assistant, etc… The one thing I never had to leave behind was my imagination. Storytelling has always been my favorite way to pass time. I've often been told I should write a book. Finally, I did. It was so much fun: I felt I must write more, so I have. I've been a student of Long Ridge Writers Group and once won a short story contest with Harlequin. I currently live in North Florida with my husband, whom I torture with crazy story lines and half written manuscripts.

To learn more about Sandra Dailey and the stories she creates, go to:






21 comments:

  1. Thank you for helping me celebrate my release day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Release Day, Sandra! Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on a new book and a mystery too. They aren't the easiest to write. But if writing were easy, we could produce a new title every month. Love your writing and your generous spirit. Good luck with sales!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't heard from you in so long, Vonnie. you've made my day.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your release, Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a great premise for a story. Very intriguing. Congrats on the new release!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your new release. The book is intriguing and I look forward to reading it. Wishing you lots of sales!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a very emotional book. Congrats and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. intriguing excerpt
    Good luck and God's blessings with your new release
    PamT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like a fascinating book! Best of luck with it.

    ReplyDelete