Monday, February 25, 2019

Here With You by Marianne Rice


          Hiding behind her high-end fashion and even higher heels, Grace LeBlanc returns home to Crystal Cove, Maine to escape the scandal she’s created in Europe. Her relationship with her sister is rocky at best, and the last thing she wants is for her to learn about the string of stupid mistakes—-intentional and unintentional—-she has floating behind her. It doesn’t seem to matter what decision Grace makes, it always end up being the wrong one.
          Brady Marshall enjoys his simple life tending to his family’s blueberry farm and minding his own business. As the oldest son, it is his duty to keep their farm running after his father’s death. Now at thirty-six, he’s still living in his childhood bedroom in his mother’s house. It never bothered him until the LeBlancs’ wild child returns to town.
When his mother falls ill and Grace comes to their aid, Brady begins to see another side of the superficial pinup girl he’s never respected or cared for. Somewhere behind her false eyelashes and spiky heels, there’s a caring heart. If only he can get her to see her own value and worth.
          As they spend more and more time together, something deeper than friendship forms between them. But when Brady discovers the secrets she’s keeping go against everything he values, he has to decide if Grace is worth giving his heart to.


Wild WomenAuthors is pleased to feature Here With You, a contemporary romance by Marianne Rice. She's brought Brady Marshall with her; he goes first.
Where are you from? Born and raised right here in Crystal Cove, Maine
Tell us a bit about Here With You. This is the fourth book in Marianne's Well Paired series. Each book is a stand alone and features at least one member of a woman’s book club where they talk about books—sometimes—gossip, drink wine, and build relationships.
What did you think the first time you saw Grace Le Blanc? Since she grew up on the vineyard across from my farm, I’ve actually known her all my life, even though we never really talked. The impression that’s been ingrained on me for the past twelve years was finding her naked in my blueberry bushes the morning after her senior prom. She moved away to Europe that summer and I hadn’t seen her again until last fall. 
What was your second thought? She’s always been a snobby, self-absorbed woman. And then when I started seeing more of her around town I started noticing things. Not only her long legs and ridiculous heels, but I saw through her façade and noticed her selflessness. Something I never would have associated with Grace.
Did you feel it was love at first sight? Heck no. I didn’t like her. And then I didn’t want to like her, but I did. And then I fell. Fell hard.
What do you like most about her? Grace puts others before herself. Always. And she’s humble, another characteristic I’d never imagine associating with her.
How would you describe her? Stunning. She lights up the room not only because of her looks and sense of style, but with her laugh. With an air of innocence that’s incongruous to her put-together fashion sense.
How would she describe you? A redneck farm boy who is too loyal to his family and doesn’t really know how to have a good time.
What made you choose farming as a career? Farming is all I’ve ever known. My grandfather started out with a few blueberry bushes, then planted some apple trees. My father then cultivated more plants and grew Marshall Farm into what it is today. There’s nothing like running rich, dark soil between your fingers and planting seeds knowing in a short time fresh fruits and vegetables will spring from the ground. I was born to live and work on this land.
What is your biggest fear? Losing my family. That I won’t be able to make a living on my farm.
How do you relax? I don’t understand the question. Relaxing means you’re not doing anything. I don’t have time not to work.
Who is your favorite fictional character? I don’t watch television, but I read a lot in the winter during slow months. I enjoy Clancy’s Jack Ryan character.
What is the best piece of advice you ever received? Family first. Always.

Thanks for taking time away from the farm to chat with us, Brady. It's Marianne's turn now. 

What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer? Like Brady, I don’t watch a lot of TV or have time to see many movies, but I do try to read, though not as much as I’d like. I love research books; the Emotional Thesaurus and Save the Cat are two resources I keep handy.
What event in your private life were you able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? Nothing personal goes into my books, but I spent some time researching wineries for this series! It was tough work but I managed it all.
Tell us a bit about your publisher: how did you hear about them and what influenced your decision to submit to them? I’m a hybrid author. I have the rights back to my McKay-Tucker series, and my Wilde Sisters and Rocky Harbor series are both with Limitless. They’re a wonderful press. I love working with them. However, last year I took the plunge and tried my hand at self-publishing my Well Paired series. It’s been a fun experience!
What book[s] currently rest on your TBR pile? Oh, geesh! What books aren’t? Working full time, keeping up with my three children, and writing three books a year doesn’t give me much time to read. However, it doesn’t stop me from adding to it. I don’t read much during the “school year” and try to make up for it during my summer vacations.
Lastly, what's up next and when can we expect to see it on the shelves? Here With You comes out soon---February 28th! The fifth book in my Well Paired series will be out in early summer, and the sixth this fall. I hope to have my next Christmas novella out in November as well. See? This is why I don’t have time to read. Ugh.


To purchase Here With You, go to: http://smarturl.it/herewithyoumrice


To learn more about Marianne Rice and the stories she creates, go to:




















19 comments:

  1. Yep, I'm already in love with Brady! Great interview ladies. Best of luck with the newest book in your series, Marianne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The interview with Brady would convince readers to buy the book. If not, the blub would.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brady sounds like my kind of hero--selfless, puts family first. Best wishes, Marianne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview! I love seeing characters talk about themselves. Brady is a winner. Congrats on the book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun interview! I love character interviews. Good luck with your new book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wondering about the mysterious little sister in Europe. So excited to see her story. And Brady...well, every gal needs a Brady on her life. Can't wait to read this book. Loved the other Well Paired books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deb. Yes, everyone needs a Brady. *swoon*

      Delete
  7. Excellent character interview. Sounds like a delightful story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you like real, honest, down-to-earth guys then YES he is!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow sounds like a wonderful story!
    Good luck and God's blessings
    PamT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed the interview, the book looks great and the cover beautiful. Good luck with sales.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marianne, The cover is lovely, and the blurb got me hooked for sure. I must find out about Grace's past, and look forward to enjoying how Brady handles her secret/secrets. He sounds wonderful (I've fallen for him already),like a guy down to earth, yet strong in character. Wishing you much success with this one, it's sure to be a big hit.

    ReplyDelete