Thursday, April 22, 2021

Honor Bound by Katherine Grey

                         When honor meets temptation…

     California “Callie” St. John learned the hard way just how much one night of rebellion can cost. Determined not to repeat past mistakes, she tries to be the perfect daughter by volunteering with various charities and keeping everyone at arm's length. After narrowly escaping a car bombing, she is forced to accept help from the one man who can get past her defenses, making her long for the impossible -- letting him into her life...and her heart.

     Lieutenant James “Hawk” Hawkins, a member of a Special Ops unit of soldiers with unusual abilities, is known for keeping his cool in any situation. Acting as a bodyguard to the daughter of one of DC’s mover and shakers is just one more mission like any other. When an enemy from his past targets the spoiled socialite, Hawk realizes she is more than she seems.

     With his reputation on the line, he’s willing to risk everything to keep her safe. But succumbing to temptation isn’t an option…no matter how much he wants to give in.

 Wild Women Authors is pleased to feature author Katherine Grey as she celebrates her first indy release of Honor Bound, a contemporary military thriller with romantic elements. First up is Lt. Jimmy Hawkins.

Good morning, Jimmy, tell us where you’re from. Most recently Washington DC. I moved around so much as a kid, I’m not sure where I was born.

Tell us a bit about Honor Bound.  There are numerous attempts to kill California St. John, the daughter of the former secretary of defense. Calling in a favor, her father requests a member of Echo Team, an elite military unit, to act as her bodyguard. Much to my chagrin, I’m the lucky guy who gets the assignment. When we first meet, we’re like oil and water.

What did you think the first time you saw California St. John? I thought she was a spoiled high society brat.

Uh huh. And your second thought? That she wasn’t all what she seemed.

So was it like love at first sight? Ha ha. Anything but. We couldn’t stand each other.

What do you like most about Callie? Her compassion and empathy for others.

How would you describe her? She’s probably the kindest, most selfless person I’ve ever met. Once you get to know the real person behind her wealthy socialite façade, she’s like the girl next door and not all like the person she pretends to be.

How would she describe you? After we first met, she told one of my team mates I was the king of idiots. After everything we went through, her opinion changed. I hope she’d describe me as someone with a deep sense of honor, someone willing to do whatever it takes to complete a mission no matter what it might be.

What made you choose the military for a career? My father served as well so I decided to follow him into Navy as soon as I turned eighteen.

What is your biggest fear? Letting my team or Callie down.

How do you relax? Kicking back with a beer and watching a game on TV.

Who is your favorite fictional character? Not really sure I have one.

What is the best piece of advice you ever received? Treat your pistol the same way you’d treat your mother.

Good way to end one of your favorite things: interviewing with a woman. Now we’d like to chat with Katherine.

What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer? I love any movie or book that tugs at my emotions. I aspire to be able to do that with my own stories.

Tell us a bit about your publisher: This is my first indie published book. I like having control of when a book will be release, in what format, and the pricing of the book(s) and when it will go on sale.

What book[s] currently rest on your TBR pile? At the top of my TBR pile is Jackson by Emily March, right below that is Ten Things I Hate About The Duke by Loretta Chase and below that is Chilled To The Cone by Ellie Alexander – this is the 12th book in Ms. Alexander’s Bakeshop mystery series.

Lastly, what's up next and when can we expect to see it on the shelves? Next up is Promises to Keep, the second book in the Echo Company series. It is scheduled to be released on June 1st.


To purchase Honor Bound, go to www.amazon.com/dp/B091D25S63

 

To learn more about Katherine Grey go to:

Facebook: www.facebook.com/AuthorKatherineGrey

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/katherine_grey

Amazon Author Page: www.amazon.com/Katherine-Grey/e/B005PMMHUO

You can also contact her at Katherineg425@yahoo.com


Katherine brought along an excerpt for us:

William St. John turned to his daughter. “After tonight’s events perhaps now you’ll take the threats against you seriously.”

“Those things could have happened to anyone. Before tonight any of them could have been a coincidence.”

Jimmy stared at her. Nobody could be that naïve. “There’s no such thing as coincidence.”

California St. John glared at him, her eyes sparking with anger, showing exactly what she thought about the situation. “As I seem to have no option but to have you follow me around like a lost dog, let me be clear. I will not be changing my daily routine. You will be unobtrusive and remain in the background when I’m in public.” She ticked off her rules on her fingers.

Jimmy crossed his arms over his chest and waited for her to finish. Her slight British accent made her sound as though she was royalty giving orders to the peasants.

“Your presence won’t be needed when I’m at home or with friends. Understood?”

He took a step forward. “You listen to me, Duchess--”

“I’m not a duchess. If I were, you would address me as ‘Your Grace.’” She sounded even haughtier if that was possible.

I’m charged with your safety. I will be the one laying the ground rules,” he continued as if she hadn’t spoken. “So until any threat to you is removed, I’ll be sticking closer to you than your panties on a hot July night. Got it?”

4 comments: