Monday, June 11, 2018

Wild Women Feature: Arresting Mason

.....Once you’re in a prison gang, you’re in it for life. That’s what Mason Harding thought until the boss accepted his resignation. After the State releases him on parole, a sexy divorcée behind the wheel of a car almost ends his life quicker than a shank. His chance encounter with Mia Eddison results in a night of passion, but her brother—his parole officer—catches them together and doesn’t approve.
.....Mia falls hard for the cocky ex-con, but not because of his chiseled body. She vows to break through his walls and discover his secrets, but never expects those secrets to threaten her life.
.....When members of an organized crime ring kidnap Mia to force Mason’s return to the gang, he goes up against an old friend to save the woman he loves. Will his sacrifice be enough or will everything fall apart in a blaze of gunfire?

Wild Women Authors is pleased to feature Arresting Mason, a romantic suspense by Amber Daulton. First up is lead character, Mason Harding.
Where are you from? I grew up in a little suburb of Aurora, Colorado. You know the drill. The whole damn neighborhood was all two-story houses, good-sized yards, and white picket fences, but I’ve always preferred the urban areas. More stuff to do, and unfortunately for me in my stupid teenage years, more places to get into trouble.
Tell us a bit about Arresting Mason. After ten years in prison, I left on parole and moved to Denver to live with my brother, Alan. I’m determined to live straight and stay out of trouble, and then I meet Mia Eddison. She’s the hottest woman I’ve ever seen and way out of my league, but I can’t stop thinking about her. We have an instant connection and things are going great, but then her brother—my parole officer—finds out about us. And things just spiral down from there.
What did you think the first time you saw Mia? Yum. Seriously. I definitely wanted her, but my protective instincts overshadowed my lust when she had a panic attack. I felt completely drawn to her, and I wanted—no, needed—to help her.
Sounds good. What was your second thought? Even though she’d almost hit me with her car, I could tell right away Mia was not only beautiful, but smart and caring too. She has a generous heart, and I still don’t know why she chose a rough man like me to fall in love with.
Did you feel it was love at first sight? Lust, definitely. Not love. But love did bloom quickly, more for me than for her, I think.
What do you like most about her? Mia is so damn stubborn. It drives me crazy sometimes, but I like strong women. She doesn’t roll over and let me, or anyone else, walk all over her. She respects herself and stands up for what she believes in.
How would you describe her? She’s a classy brunette fox with more attitude and killer curves than I know what to do with.
How would Mia describe you? That’s a loaded question. Mia would probably say I’m more stubborn than she is and that I have a temper problem. That’s true. I’m a hothead, and I let my emotions control me too often. She would also say I’m gorgeous and the best lover she’s ever had (at least I hope she would).
What made you choose auto mechanics for a career? I love working on cars, and I feel good when I can fix something that’s broken. As an ex-con, I don’t have a lot of legitimate job opportunities, so I consider myself lucky to have found a job as a mechanic.
What is your biggest fear? My past coming back to haunt me. Again. Mia and I have already survived a few throw downs with some old friends of mine, and I never want her in danger again.
How do you relax? I read. Surprising, huh? I prefer classics and old stories about simpler times, which is a far contrast from my own life.
Who is your favorite fictional character? Not sure if I have one. Some of my favorite authors are Mark Twain, Edgar Allen Poe, and Louisa May Alcott. I shocked the hell out of Mia when she found some books by those authors in my old bedroom at my brother’s place.
What is the best piece of advice you ever received? When I first got out of prison, Alan told me to keep a cool head and stay clean. It sounded simple enough, but life isn’t so cut and dry. Still, I try to follow that advice every day, even though I’ve made a bad habit of ignoring good advice.
This has been real interesting, Mason. Thank you for coming to visit. Now we'd like to chat with Amber.
What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer? I love action/adventure movies and romance books of most sub-genres, but I don’t have a certain movie or book that has ever influenced me. I did, however, rely on the action/romance genre as a whole for inspiration as I was writing Arresting Mason.
What event in your private life were you able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? None, unfortunately. Or maybe that’s fortunate because I put Mason and Mia through a lot of bad stuff, most of which I wouldn’t want to happen to me. Yeah, I can dish it out, but I sure can’t take it!
Tell us a bit about your publisher: how did you hear about them and what influenced your decision to submit to them? I’ve known about The Wild Rose Press for years and have heard good things about them. Even though I sent my Arresting Mason manuscript to a handful of publishers, TWRP was one of my top choices, so I was very excited when they accepted the book.
What books currently rest on your TBR pile? I can’t possibly answer that question in full. I have almost one thousand ebooks on my Kindle and a few hundred print books in my office. I’ve read a lot of them, but I keep one clicking books on Amazon, so my TBR pile keeps getting bigger and bigger. Lately, I’ve been reading books by Marie Harte, and I’ve enjoyed the ones I’ve read so far.
Lastly, what's up next and when can we expect to see it on the shelves? Arresting Jeremiah, book 2 in the Arresting Onyx series, should be out sometime in 2019. I’m in the process of editing it now, and I’ll send the manuscript to my editor soon.

For our review of Arresting Mason, see the blog post below, for now, Amber brought an excerpt:

“Which one is your car?” She glanced around the crowded parking lot. A few streetlights pushed back the darkness and shadows. The restaurant served customers until midnight on the weekends, but no one loitered in the lot, at least from what Mia could see.
“Don’t have one at the moment.” Mason hooked his thumbs in the belt loops of his jeans. “I took the bus. It stopped a few blocks from here.”
“Would you like a ride?” She pulled the car keys from her purse. “I feel a little ridiculous we met here tonight. I just wasn’t sure if you were some kind of freak.”
His eyebrow lifted, and he closed the distance between them as a tiger would zero in on its mate. A sexy, masculine smile curled his lips. “Have you made up your mind yet?”
“I’ll let you know in the morning.” Desire trickled down her spine. Mia nodded toward the passenger side of the car for him to hop in.
He confiscated her keys instead to unlock and open the driver’s side door for her like a gentleman. Then he leaned closer and nuzzled her temple with his nose.
Not sure if he planned to seduce her in the parking lot or if he merely wanted to tease her, Mia pressed her hand to his chest and tried to think straight. “You’re the first guy I’ve gone on a date with since my divorce. I haven’t slept with anyone since Evan.”
He tunneled his fingers through her wavy, chestnut-brown hair. “I haven’t dated anyone in a long time either. We’ll take it slow or fast, whatever you want, but I promise you one thing. After I’m done with you, you won’t even remember that bastard’s name.”
Oh, God. She almost melted right then and there. “Fast. I want you, Mason.”
“Take me to your place and you can have me.”

To purchase Arresting Mason, go to:
Barnes and Noble – https://bit.ly/2uOj90J
The Wild Rose Press store – http://bit.ly/2FSVvBa

A bit about our featured author:
Writing is the fruit of happiness.
Amber Daulton lives her life by that one belief even though she normally isn’t so Zen. As a fan of contemporary, paranormal, and historical romance novels alike, she can’t get enough of feisty heroines and alpha heroes. Her mind is a wonderland of adventure, laughter, and awesome ways of kicking a guy when he’s down. She probably wouldn’t be too sane without her computer and notebooks. After all, what’s a girl to do when people are jabbering away in her head and it’s hard to shut them up? 
Write! Nothing else works.

To learn more about Amber Daulton and the stories she creates, go to:
Facebook Author Page – www.facebook.com/amber.daulton.author

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting me, Kat. I love stopping by your site! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And we love having you. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to show off your book.
      Much luck to you.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi, Jennifer
      Having read Amber's previous books, this is a marked change: it's longer, the plot line is more detailed, characters are developed in more layers. She has a gift for dialogue. See our review below. Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  3. Intriguing blurb and excerpt. Good Luck with Arresting Mason! Loved Mason's interview!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Tena
    thanks so much for stopping by. Arresting Mason is Amber's first release with TWRP. We're so glad to have her in the garden.

    ReplyDelete