Thursday, June 2, 2022

A Full Bodied Love by Amber Cross

 Smooth and mellow meets spunky and sweet

        Lisa Kirkpatrick is stubborn, but she's not stupid. If this guy needs a date to evade an unwanted admirer, who is she to object? It's not as if handsome men are lining up to ask her out. Sure, they know there's a woman in the wheelchair, but it would never occur to them that there's a WOMAN in the wheelchair. He notices. This solid, fun, straight-shooting guy ticks off every box on her ideal man list. But why do they call him Slick? ​

Roger Plankey thought his life was full until he walked into the town clerk's office and laid eyes on the woman behind the counter. A spunky, independent woman with a dash of humor and just enough sass to keep him on his toes. She fills that unknown void in his life like she was made for him. But is there such a thing as too perfect?

 Wild Women Authors features Amber Cross’ A Full Bodied Love. Up first is Lisa Kirkpatrick, a Human Resources Director.

Good morning, Lisa. Thanks for taking time away from your duties at the hospital to speak with us. Let’s start with where you’re from: We moved a few times, but mostly in Pennsylvania

Tell us a bit about A Full-Bodied Love: It starts with a fake date that turns into the best date I ever had. By the end of the night, I wanted to pinch myself to make sure it was real. Then I made myself crazy the next day wondering if I’d ever see him again; it was that good.

What did you think the first time you saw Roger Plankey? That he had the prettiest blue eyes on the planet.

Do you feel it was love at first sight? Not love, but attraction.

What do you like most about him? He takes care of his business and his family, but he doesn’t take himself too seriously. He notices things other people don’t. When we’re out together, he notices if I’ll have a hard time closing the door behind me, or if I can’t see something at the back of the table; he closes the door, he lifts the item for me to check it out. He adjusts his pace to mine if needed.

How would you describe Roger? He’s a rock. He’s fun. You can always count on him, and that includes his honesty.

How would he describe you? He says I’m always game for anything, and that’s one of the things he loves about me. He says I shine like a string of Christmas tree lights and light up every room I’m in.

What made you choose to work in human resources for a career? I think I just liked business and having spent a lot of time in hospitals when I was young, I knew something about how they operated, so it was natural to apply for jobs there.

What is your biggest fear? Losing my independence.

How do you relax? I do a lot of yoga, and I have a side business making jewelry. When I’m in my craft room, that’s when I’m really in “the zone,” oblivious to everything else.

Who is your favorite fictional character? Probably Pippi Longstocking because she’s brave.

What is the best piece of advice you ever received? My little sister told me to stop worrying about what other people think and to follow my heart.

Thanks for this, Lisa. Now we’d like to talk with Amber.

What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer? K.A. Tucker’s Wild books remind me that a story doesn’t have to be rushed or overly graphic to be a page turner. Linda Howard’s books have always resonated with me because she uses both points of view, and her women and men are both strong.

Is there an event in your private life that you were able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? I looked into adopting a child with spina bifida. Although that didn’t come to be, learning about the condition inspired me to write about someone with the condition. This is not a book about a medical condition, but it is a love story between two people, one of whom has special circumstances.

Tell us a bit about your publisher: how did you hear about them and what influenced your decision to submit to them? The Wild Rose Press is my publisher. I learned about them at my first Romance Writers of America chapter meeting. Other members in the chapter wrote for them, so I sent a manuscript along and this is the fourth book I’ve written for them.

What book[s] currently rest on your TBR pile? Montana Cowboy Daddy by Jane Porter (book three in a series.)

Lastly, what's up next and when can we expect to see it on the shelves? On July 20 I will have a werewolf romance titled, Pack of Love, coming out as part of an anthology with Ashlyn Chase, Kate Richards, and Temperance Dawn. This is my first paranormal romance.

 

Readers can find me and buy links for my books at:

https://www.amber-cross.com

or visit me at: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorAmberCross

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment