Friday, May 5, 2023

Unfashionable Diva by Mia Augustine

 A night to remember...or not.

     Naturally, when Gina Bové wakes up in bed next to a stranger, she is totally freaked out. Especially since she can’t remember a thing from the night before. She has no idea who the man next to her is or how she ended up in this precarious position.
     Anthony Locatelli spent the past decade wondering what happened to the horribly attired woman he’d saved from a nefarious fate ten years earlier. But when his father threatens Anthony’s livelihood, he turns to a specialized matchmaking service for assistance and learns exactly what happened to his mystery bedmate.

 Wild Women Authors welcome Mia Augustine as she celebrates the release of her contemporary short story, Unfashionable Diva. With Mia are the stars of the show, Gina Bové and Anthony Locatelli who will go first.

To start things off, tell us a bit about Unfashionable Diva.

Anthony: It was…a night to remember...or maybe not.
Gina: After I woke up in bed next to a stranger, I totally freaked out. Especially since I couldn’t remember a thing from the night before. I had no idea how I ended up next to him or how I ended up in this precarious position.
Anthony: I spent the past decade wondering what happened to the horribly attired woman I saved from a dangerous situation. It was when my father threatened my livelihood that I gave up and turned to a specialized matchmaking service. Lucky for me, I learned exactly what happened to my mystery bedmate.

Gina, what did you think the first time you saw Anthony? I was terrified, frankly. I had no idea where I was or how I ended up at the Waldorf Hotel in a room, I definitely didn’t walk into on my own two feet.

What was your second thought?  Um… that he was really attractive.

Do you feel it was love at first sight? Of course not! There’s no such thing. Still, there was something. But, I did the right thing. Got out of there as fast as I could. It was the right thing… wasn’t it?

Anthony, what do you like most about Gina? Certainly, not her taste in clothes. I am in the fashion industry. I’ve never witnessed such an aberration.

What do you mean? I am not a designer by any stretch, but I do know my colors. I know what sells. And, oh, my God. That Coach knock-off she carried? Horrid.

How would you describe Gina? All hair.

How would she describe you? Well, she did keep staring at my chest. And, my hair was as long as hers… at the time.

Anthony, what made you choose Locatelli Internationál for a career? My last name is Locatelli. What do you think? My controlling father, of course.

Ah, yes. Of course. What is your biggest fear? Not finding her again. She left. The only thing I knew about her was her name. The address on her ID was in blasted Bloomington, South Dakota. No one lives in South Dakota. What was she doing in New York City?

Mmm. That is the question. Thanks for speaking with us. Now, we’d like to chat with Mia.

What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer? I love RomComs like The Philadelphia Story--NOT High Society, even though I adore Grace Kelly. I like Legally Blonde and How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. Actually, I love movies from the 40s and 80s. Psychological Thrillers with happy endings. How is that for pin point on things?

Is there an event in your private life that you were able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? This story was different. However, the emotions are there. I was not a popular child. I definitely feel Gina’s pain and insecurities.

What book[s] currently rest on your TBR pile? I’ve recently started picking up Christina Dodd’s contemporaries. Of course, I love Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Jayne Ann Krentz, Julie James. And a few others. Actually, the list is quite extensive.

Lastly, what's up next and when can we expect to see it on the shelves? This story is the first of the Locatelli siblings. There is a second one out: Revenge’s Sweet Reward, which features Anthony’s youngest sister. The story which features his eldest sister, Catarina, Dangerous Curves, comes out in July. These shorts were fun to write and take a turn from the historicals I usually write.

Here's a bit more about our feature author: Mia Augustine, aka Kathy L Wheeler, loves rainy days, hot chocolate, her dog, and movies with happy endings. Her contemporary stories are edgy, passionate, sometimes dark, but always compelling.

To find Mia Augustine/Kathy LWheeler. go to:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.ph

p?id=100089614103041

Instagram: https://instagram.com/miaaugustineauthor

TikTok: https://tiktok.com/@kathylwheeler

Website: https://kathylwheeler.com

To purchase Unfashionable Diva, go to:

AMZ: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09RXPZN3W

Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/unfashionable-diva

B&N: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/unfashionable-diva-mia-augustine/1143265439

PayHip: https://payhip.com/b/7e5zI

Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/books/unfashionable-diva-fiery-billionaire-nights-book-3-by-mia-augustine

 

 

7 comments:

  1. Every woman's worst nightmare – to wake up in bed with a stranger! LOL What a great premise for a page-turning story. I'll add it to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great!!! I loved the interviews. They are so feisty!

    ReplyDelete